Antibacterial Surface - thanks to innovative technology with silver ions. Decors of Worktops marked with this sign have increased antibacterial resistance.
Our 11 new decors from the new SWISS KRONO collection of Worktops (marked with the “anti-bacterial surface” sign) use HPL laminate witha special, certified, anti-bacterial surface. The HPL anti-bacterial surface technology uses a non-toxic, inorganic solution of silver ions. This solution does not deteriorate over time, serving as anti-bacterial protection throughout the product’s lifespan.
Infection is a risk not only in hospitals. Hygiene is important in all public places such as hotels, offices, shops, commuter vehicles, or educational facilities. Our 11 decors ensure increased protection in all interiors.
The anti-bacterial surface was tested against 7 bacteria in accordance with the highest standards of the innovative Japanese JIS Z 2801 method. Thanks to the surface, 99% of the bacteria perishes in as little as 24 hours.
- Escherichia coli ATCC 8739
- Enterococcus hirae ATCC 8043
- Listeria monocytogenes ATCC 15313
- Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) ATCC 33592
- Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538
- Salmonella enteritidis ATCC 13076
- Mycobacterium smegmatis ATCC 19420
Silver ions (locked in glass balls) are activated upon contact with moisture. They kill bacteria on the surface and block cell multiplication, thus inhibiting the proliferation of the bacteria.
- for furniture production,
- as elements of interior finishing, e.g. kitchen worktops, counters, tables, desks, shelves.
Any mechanical interference in the worktop structure requires rigorously to secure this area against moisture immediately after processing. When white goods / home appliances are installed with worktop on the top of them, its bottom side has to be additionally and effectively protected from steam influence.
The rear adhesive-free strip (for one-side rounded worktops) does not protect the worktop against water. We recommend using trims.
Approvals and certificates:
- Hygienic Certificate No. 328/322/334/2017, confirming the fulfillment of hygienic requirements (E1)
- Certificate of Health Quality HŻ/D/01802/12 issued by the Institute of Hygiene, Warsaw,
- Anti-bacterial surface – certificate
- Fire class - D - s2, d0
- Hygienic Certyficate No. 452/322/470/2016, confirming the fulfillment of hygienic requirements (E1) – conc. the Edging tapes for Worktops