Euroclasses A1, A2 and B list the safest products whereas further Euroclasses classify products which show worse and worse fire properties. The last class is marked as F.
Apart from the basic class, the complete product flammability classification consists of two additional classes:
- within the scope of smoke emission – Euroclasses from s1 to s3,
- within the scope of the intensity of occurrence of flaming droplets – Euroclasses from d0 to d2.
In order to meet the strictest European requirements pertaining to fire safety, highest the Swiss KRONO Group has developed a technology of production of non-ignitable furniture boards.
The STOP FIRE furniture boards by KRONO have been tested at a certified institute in Germany, and they have been classified as a non-ignitable material of B-s2, d0 class.
Characteristics of the reaction of the product to fire
Absolutely non-flammable products of the top class which do not cause flaring of fire
Non-flammable products of the top class which do not cause flaring of fire
Highly limited contribution to fire; the products do not cause flaring of fire
Limited but noticeable contribution to fire
Significant contribution to fire
Very significant contribution to fire – fire hazard
Untested products or negative results of all the fire tests
Indication of smoke production rate and volume
Practically no smoke
Average amount and density of smoke
High volume of dense smoke
Intensity of production of flaming droplets and particles
No flaming droplets
Few flaming droplets (similar to sparks from burning wood)
Large number of flaming droplets and particles
The offer includes the following furniture boards:
- KRONO RC SF-B (Chipboard P2 Stop Fire – non-ignitable) – 18 mm thick (Download)
- KRONO MFC SF-B (Laminated chipboard P2 Stop Fire – non-ignitable) – 18 mm thick (Download)
- KRONO MFMDF SF-B (Laminated MDF board Stop Fire – non-ignitable) – 16 and 19 mm thick (Download)
Non-ignitable boards Stop Fire have:
- Hygienic Approval,
- Fire Classification,
- Declarations of Performances (DoP),
- Certificate of Conformity ( to raw particle boards and laminated boards Stop Fire as well as raw MDF boards Stop Fire).